We offer the Gift of Women’s Sacred Circles and Circle Leadership
Ann Smith loves to talk about and enthuse others in saying Yes to Circle Leadership, the new leadership greatly needed today. It is based on the the Circle Model of shared leadership empowering ourselves as co-creators of peace and justice within our own lives, families, communities and the world.
To know and learn Circle technology and Circle Leadership it is best to learn by experiencing and in doing so gaining the skills and empowering tools to make a positive difference in your own life that is in harmony with all creation. The feelings of isolation, not being good enough, not having enough or not able to make a difference are transformed into being a woman of power and joy. We would be delighted to bring these interactive spiritually based conversations and workshops to your your group, circle, organization, corporation.
Topics can be tailored to your needs.
General topics include:
- The Magnificence of Circle: Experiencing the Power of the Circle Model
- Circle Leadership: All are Leaders
- Caring for Ourselves, One Another and Mother Earth
- Co-Creating Sustainable Communities
- Divine Feminine: The Greatest Power for Bringing Balance
Circles, Workshops, and Retreats
We can no longer stand by and just discuss the problems of the world. It is time for us to become change agents, co-creators of solutions that make a difference for the greater good. We can not leave the ecological, social and financial problems to our children or our grandchildren. We are needed now to make a difference and Circle Connections will help you form Action Circles based on your passions with others who share the same vision.
Join us in Circle Gatherings, Retreats, Workshops and TeleClasses that explore timely issues, such as:
- Empowering the Voice of Grassroots Women through UN Women’s Circle Campaign
- Discernment of Purpose and Passion to Actions
- Circle Tools: The Art of Hosting, World Cafe and Open Space Technology
- Action Circles
- From Dream to Destiny: Woman-festing Circles of Support for Bringing Your Dreams to Life
- Circle Leadership: All Are Leaders
Circle Facilitation, Training and Support Services
Circles are magical places where miracles are expected and work is fun. Our Earth, in order to survive, calls for a shift from a ‘power-over’ hierarchical model to a ‘power-with’ model of shared leadership.
A Circle Model is egalitarian, where everyone shares the power, the resources, the decision-making, and the work. This ensures full participation, personal growth, group collaboration and unlimited creativity.
Circle Training includes:
- Basic introduction to Circle history, benefits, structure, and guiding principles for facilitation
- Exercises in deepening self-confidence, surrendering to the greater good, expanding listening skills, and evoking resonance and respect in communication
- Experiencing the process and power of collaboration and connection using Circle Principles so that each person experiences the power and intimacy of being in Circle
- Applications for Circle personally, professionally, locally and globally
- How to form Action Circles
- Time for questions and answers to address how to make Circles sustainable personally, professionally, locally and globally locally and globally
- Ongoing Circle support and consultation to foster powerful, healthy, and sustainable Circles
To learn more about making circles mainstream: CLICK HERE
Consultation, Coaching, and Mentoring Services
Change is always easier when we are inspired lovingly, learn the power of Circle Leadership, encouraged to live authentically, and empowered by embedding the guiding principles of Circle into every relationship and every facet of our life.
Circles Connections provides individual or group personal excellence mentor-coaching as well as consultation for groups interested in introducing the benefits of a circle model into a community or corporate setting.
Circle Connections provides:
- Consultation in the Circle model to assist you in applying Circle principles to your individual or corporate needs
- Consultation in setting up a Circle Connections Center in your community
- Coaching individuals or organizations in co-creating a circle structure and leadership development in personal and group excellence, community development in sustainable living, and living in harmony with nature.
To initiate positive change and explore possibilities CLICK HERE
Circle Leadership: All Are Leaders Workshop for the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women, 56th Session.
Circle Leadership: All Are Leaders
Circle Leadership is spiritually based. It is ancient and modern and emerging as the new leadership. It starts with each one of us saying Yes to being a Circle Leader and encouraging others to do the same. It is heart driven matching our passions to actions for the greater good. Together we become co-creators of solutions to the many problems facing a world in crises. Circle Leadership is rewarding personally and politically making a positive difference in our families, communities, organizations and the world.
Circle Leaders are dedicated to live Circle Principles. Circle Principles are found on Millionth Circle.org, Circle Connections.com and Gather The Women.org
• Create a circle.
• Consider it a sacred space.
• One person speaks at a time.
• Speak and listen from the heart.
• Encourage and welcome diverse points of view.
• Listen with discernment instead of judgment.
• Share leadership and resources.
• Decide together how decisions will be made.
• Work toward consensus when possible.
• Offer experience instead of advice.
• When in doubt or need, pause and silently ask for guidance.
• Decide together what is to be held in confidence.
• Speak from your own experience and beliefs rather than speaking for others.
• Open and close the circle by hearing each voice. (Check-ins and check-outs.)
Sacred circle is the most empowering setting where every voice is heard and honored. Where power is “power-with, and is shared and creativity unlimited. It is where the collective wisdom of the whole is utilized for co-creating actions that make a positive difference. Circle is the new teacher, equalizer, heaven on earth, where everyone is equally valued and equally shares the information, power, resources and love.
Women’s leadership is needed to bring the balance between a world dominated by masculine energies, perspectives and leadership. Women’s feminine qualities of caring, sharing, cooperation, befriending and many others are greatly needed for peacemaking, community building and caring for our planet.
Circle conversation with a Host, Time Keeper and Recorder.
Have one person serve as the Host who introduces herself and the purpose of the circle gathering. She begins the circle conversation by introducing herself, where she lives, her organization, and the leadership qualities that she values. She then passes the talking stick to the person next to her ( the talking stick is an object which is held by the one who is speaking from her heart, while all others listen) The time keeper lets the person talking know when the time is up, so that equal time is given to everyone. The recorder writes down the answers without writing repeats. Each circle will have their reporter their answers.
The list of leadership qualities will be written on newsprint.
Time will be given for everyone to see and hear these, so that they may claim qualities for themselves by writing them down.
The host will start the second round of conversation by telling qualities she claims for herself as a Circle Leader. Examples are: shared leadership, truth telling, collaboration, peace keeping, nurturing, listen without judgment, etc….She passes the “talking stick” to the person next to her. When all have shared, the Recorder will read off the list to the small circle. The host will ask everyone to review the list on newsprint and discuss if there are any leadership qualities not claimed by the small circle.
Discussion using the talking stick will follow about shared leadership and how collectively there are many gifts, skills and passions to make a difference. Close the small circle with insights into Circle Leadership: All Are Leaders and give appreciations to everyone in the circle for sharing.
Close the large circle gathering with every Circle reporting out what they learned.
Form one large circle with everyone sharing in a few words how this experience has been for them. Celebrate with a song.
For more information and help contact Ann Smith at Ann@circleconnections.com
Join us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/U-N-Womens-Circles/106100879514050?v=wall and share your list of Circle Leadership qualities, stories, events and resources.
One Person Can Make a Difference
“Tell me the weight of a snowflake,” a coal-mouse asked a wild dove.
“Nothing more than nothing” was the answer.
“In that case, I must tell you a marvelous story,” the coal-mouse said.
“I sat on the branch of a fir, close to it trunk, when it began to snow—not heavily, not in a raging blizzard –no, just like a dream, without a wound and without any violence. Since I did not have anything better to do, I counted the snowflakes settlingon the twigs and needles of my branch.
Their number was exactly 3,741,952. When the 3,741,953rd dropped on to the branch, nothing more than nothing, as you say—the branch broke off”
Having said that, the coal-mouse flew away.
The dove, since Noah’s time an authority on the matter, thought about the story for awhile, and finally said to herself, “perhaps there is only one person’s voice lacking for peace to come to the world.”
Circle Leadership is more than being one person or one isolated circle. The one person is an integral participant of a circle that is connected to other circles that are active participants in co-creating collaborative partnerships, coalitions and networks. Circle Leaders self-organize around a common vision matching passions to actions forming Action Circles with mutual accountability. All fully participate as co-creators made up of new relationships and partnerships dedicated to living out the shared vision. We learn new ways to be resilient and thrive with the environmental, economical and political changes that are rapidly occurring, caring for ourselves, one another and Earth. We form and connect circles that sustain us, and others. We bring balance to the human community reconnecting to nature and by doing so our natural way of being interconnected with all of life.
There is a convergence of circles and circle organizations that is bringing a tipping point, the millionth circle for peace and justice for all creation.
Join us at Circle Connections, www.circleconnections.com. Membership is free.
Circle Connections Blog
Join us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/U-N-Womens-Circles/106100879514050 and share your list of Circle Leadership qualities, Action Circles, information, stories, events, photos, videos, and resources.
Virtual connection provides a powerful educational and communication tool that transcends the miles between us through which we can expand our understanding, share resources, and take positive action together in the co-creation of a new Earth.
Some of our Teleclasses include:
- Fostering the Purpose, Power and Passion of Women
- UN Women’s Circle Campaign: Empowering the Voice of Grassroots Women
- Woman-festing Action and Support Circles